£100 for a 2,300 word report with advice on value, the market, what to check plus a 30 minute follow-up phone call.
NOTE – Since the start of Covid in March 2020 the housing market was been all over the place and trying to value something has become nearly impossible. Mortgage valuers tell us that they either don’t do valuations or they are having to sign them off at whatever the agreed price is. Comparables are of little use and of course the Stamp Duty holiday has complicated things yet further. We’re very keen to help, there is a market, you can buy and sell, let and rent but it is especially complicated. Please call or email to check exactly how much help this report can be before ordering. September 2021
If you’ve found a suitable property but would like someone to run a professional eye over it before you commit further, then send me an email with a link to the property advert on the agent’s website or the property portal on which it appears.
For £100 (including VAT) we will provide a 2300 word response which will include;
- Checking the history of the sale
- Looking at the guide price and the underlying value
- Considering the strength/weakness of the local market, house prices, rents and yields
- Reviewing the local area, crime statistics, schooling options, mobile reception, broadband & council services
- Recommending environmental search tools to check on flooding, mining or contaminated land
- Introducing experts where necessary for structural surveys, legal work or specialist finance
- Advising on bidding tactics, when and what to offer and on how to negotiate the best terms
- Discuss options to add value and improve the property in the future
We can also search the local area to check schools, crime, travel, things to do and amenities. These are things you may have already considered, that your conveyancer should double-check but that may help you to decide if this particular property might be your future home.
Just copy the URL – the ‘www.address…’ bit (highlighted in blue above) and email it together with the full postal address with postcode to “email@example.com” along with your contact details and we’ll be in touch.
If £100 seems too much to pay for a bespoke report on the home you are thinking of buying there are automated alternatives. The excellent Property Detective will deliver a report that you may find has the detail you need and costs £9.99 or the moveiQ service from our old friend and media darling Phil Spencer which at present costs £17.99.
To pay for the report click here and you can use a credit or debit card via PayPal. (You do not need to be a PayPal customer). Alternatively you can make payment online to;
Account name; Henry Pryor
Sort code; 04-00-04
Account number; 44461109