Can you view houses in lockdown?
- The government says people are allowed to view properties during the lockdown in England.
- It encourages buyers to do their initial property searches online and advises that initial viewings should be done virtually wherever possible.
- For viewings taking place in person, the government says these should be arranged by appointment only and “open house” viewings should not take place.
- It advises people who are viewing properties in person to wear a face mask, avoid touching surfaces wherever possible, wash their hands regularly and/or use hand sanitiser.
- The government says people should also observe social distancing and stay two metres apart where possible.
- It does not specify how far prospective buyers can travel to view a property.